Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2 R WR
- X-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 53mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/16
- Two ED & Two Aspherical Elements
Offering a normal perspective in a compact package, the black XF 35mm f/2 R WR Lens from Fujifilm is optimized for use on X-series cameras with APS-C format sensors, producing a 35mm equivalent focal length of 53mm. Along with this, it has a fast f/2 maximum aperture, useful for creating images with a shallow depth-of-field and working in low-light conditions. Ensuring optimal image quality is a 9 element in 6 group design that incorporates two ED and two aspherical elements that work to minimize aberrations and distortion for crisp, clean imagery. Also, the lens has the Nano-GI coating which dramatically limits the effects of ghosting and flare.
For operation, the lens is equipped with a physical aperture ring for tactile control when desired. It also has a fast internally focusing AF system that can lock onto a subject in just 0.08 seconds. Further benefitting usage is a weather-resistant construction with eight seals throughout the lens barrel. Additionally, a rounded 9-blade diaphragm produces pleasing out-of-focus elements.
- Providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 53mm, this prime lens provides a normal perspective that is useful in a wide variety of situations.
- Fast f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers greater control over focus when working with shallow depth of field or selective focus techniques.
- The 9-element-in-6-group design includes two extra-low dispersion and two aspherical elements to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortions for increased clarity and sharpness.
- The autofocus system delivers smooth, near-silent performance that can acquire focus as quickly as 0.08 sec.
- A Nano-GI coating has been applied to the lens for controlling ghosting and flare, and greater image clarity.
- Eight weather seals are placed about the lens barrel to protect against dust, moisture, and temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Nine rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
- Minimum working distance of 13″ allows shooters to get close to their subjects.