Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- Two Ultra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Sub Wavelength and Fluorine Coatings
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- 180° Angle of View
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Specialized and versatile, the EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM is a Canon L-series lens offering flexibility to a conventionally niche lens type. Capable of producing both circular and rectangular fisheye effects, this lens is characterized by its notable distortion and rounded image quality along with an immense 180° angle of view at the 8mm position. The optical design incorporates two ultra-low dispersion glass elements to limit chromatic aberrations and color fringing for high clarity and color accuracy, and a Sub Wavelength coating has also been applied to control flare and ghosting for greater contrast.
Balancing the refined optics, this 8-15mm f/4 also sports a ring-type USM mechanism to enable quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance, as well as full-time manual focus override. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed and has a protective fluorine coating on the exposed elements for use in trying environmental conditions.
- Unique fisheye zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 12.8-24mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the zoom range.
- Zoom allows you to change from a circular 180° fisheye look to a rectangular image. Both ends produce dramatic, creatively distorted imagery.
- Two ultra-low dispersion glass elements noticeably reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and color fidelity.
- A Sub Wavelength Coating has been applied to individual elements to control lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimized focusing algorithms and a high-speed CPU, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
- Protective fluorine coating has been applied to the front bulbous element to resist fingerprints and smudges and to make cleaning significantly easier.
- Built-in filter holder is located at the rear of the lens and accepts cut gel filters.