Nikon AF-S 50mm f/1.8G Lens
Out of stock
- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to 16
- One Aspherical Lens Element
- Super Integrated Lens Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- M/A Mode; Manual Focus Override
- Minimum Focus Distance: 17.7″
- Filter Diameter: 58mm
- Seven-Blade Diaphragm
*2 YEARS NIKON WARRANTY
**Price is subject to change without prior notice.
The AF-S 50mm f/1.8G Lens from Nikon is an attractive alternative to the classic 50mm f/1.4 “normal” lens for everyday shooting with an FX or 35mm camera. The 50mm f/1.8 is nearly as “fast” as the f/1.4 and provides reduced lens flare and ghosting as well as superior color consistency through the use of Nikon’s Super Integrated Lens Coating. One aspherical lens element virtually eliminates coma and spherical aberration.
Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor gives you smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation, and the M/A mode lets you quickly and easily override the autofocus system for fine manual focusing. This lens is also compatible with DX cameras and when used with a DX camera, the angle of view would be equivalent to a 75mm focal length lens.
Fast f/1.8 Compact FX-Format Prime Lens
- This updated classic with a fast maximum aperture is ideal for everyday shooting, perfect in low lighting situations and great for shallow depth of field control, producing images with beautiful background blur. When used on DX-format DSLRs its 35mm focal length equivalency is 75mm.
Shoot Tack-Sharp Portraits Every Time
- Nikon’s Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare, while an aspherical lens element virtually eliminates coma and other types of aberrations, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
- A significant innovation in AF lens technology, Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
Quick Switching from AF to MF
- When fine manual focusing is needed, simply rotate the lens focus ring. M/A mode allows you to seamlessly override the AF system with virtually no time lag.